Time Allowed: Three Hours Maximum Marks: 250
QUESTION PAPER SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
Please read each of the following instructions carefully before attempting questions:
There are TWENTY questions printed both in HINDI and in ENGLISH.
All the questions are compulsory.
The number of marks carried by a question/part is indicated against it. Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certicate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one. Word limit in questions, wherever specied,
should be adhered to. Any page or portion of the page left blank in the answer book must be clearly struck off.
Each Question is worth 12.5 marks and maximum word limit is 150. But content of the answer is more important than its length.
- Explain how ethics contributes to social and human well-being.
- Why should impartiality and non-partisanship be considered as foundational values in public services, especially in the present day Socio Political context? Illustrate your answer with examples.
- What do you understand by the terms 'governance'. 'good governance'. and 'ethical governance'?
- Discuss Mahatma Gandhi's concept of seven sins.
- Analyse John Rawls's concept of Social Justice in the Indian context.
- Discuss the public services code as recommended by the second Administrative Reforms Commission.
- "Corruption causes misuse of government treasury, administrative inefficiency and obstruction in the path of national development". Discuss Kautilya's views.
- "Max Weber said that it is not wise to apply to public administration the sort of moral and ethical norms we apply to matters of personal conscience. It is important to realise that the State Bureaucracy might possess its on Independent bureaucratic morality." Critically analyse this statement.