- Ministry of external Affairs has announced new colour i.e, orange colour for the jackets of general passport which required Emigration check while those passports with non Emigration check required will continue with blue colour. However, the passports which are in circulation would remain valid till the printed date of expiry in the booklet.
- Passport is issued to an Indian Citizens as a travel document of their identity such as name, date of birth, sex, and place of birth and Nationality by the Consular Passport and Visa (CPV) Division, which comes under the Ministry of External Affairs. The Passport is issued under the Passports Act, 1967.
Types of Indian Passport
- There are three types of Indian Passport, which are:
- Regular Passport has a Navy Blue cover and is issued for ordinary travel, such as vacations and business trips.
- Diplomatic Passport has a Maroon cover and is issued to Indian diplomats, top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers.
- Official Passport has a White cover and it is issued to individuals representing the Indian government on official business.