Time Allowed: Three Hours Maximum Marks: 250
QUESTION PAPER SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
The essay must be written in the medium specified in the Admission Certificate issued to you. The name of the medium must be stated clearly on the cover of the answer-book provided for the purpose. No credit will be given to the essay written in a medium other than that specified in the Admission Certificate.
(Examiners will pay special attention to the candidate’s grasp of his/her material, its relevance to the subject chosen, and to his/her ability to think constructively and to present his/her ideas concisely, logically and effectively)
Write an essay on any one of the following topics in about 1500 Words: 150 Marks
- Our laws are often ineffective because we acquire a superstitious faith in the power of law when drafting them. Does India need anti-superstition law? Critically comment.
- “I object to violence because, when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”
Write an essay on any one of the following topics in about 1000 Words: 100 Marks
- “In India governance structures are not in tune with the demands of changing social structure.” Comment.
- Women in corporate world and the Glass Ceiling Effect
- The Food Paradox Of India: Hunger Amidst Plenty